Monday 5 March 2012

celebrating all things london



The momentum is starting to build and things are getting exciting for the UK with the forthcoming Queen's Diamond Jubilee and the London Olympics. It is promising to be a summer of celebration of all things British. To be honest, I never really got the Union Jack obsession that seemed to be all over products over the last few years but I'm definitely embracing the patriotic look now!





What does 'London' mean to you? To me it is all about London buses, black cabs, Big Ben, red postboxes and telephone boxes.  I love the red telephone boxes; the iconic design, the cast iron materials and the history of them. Did you know that many of the boxes are classified as listed buildings? Listing status doesn't just apply to buildings, as the name suggests, but can also be applied to structures too. So telephone boxes, post boxes, milestones, etc can all have protection of listed building status. I think it is important to protect what we can!

 



These are my new designs which I have worked hard to make unique and in a nellie dean style. Hand printed iconic designs onto linen with carefully selected co-ordinating buttons and trims. Here are my first items: small hanging decorations and bagcharms/keyrings. I'm working on more items which I will share with you soon.




 
They are all available on my website.  Please let me know what you think. I love all feedback!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...