Sunday 16 October 2011

it's beginning to look alot like Christmas


Things are getting busy here at nellie dean towers.  Web orders, Facebook orders and a big shop order to complete. Exciting times indeed! I appreciate all of them, so thank you.


These personalised Christmas stockings were a big hit last year. I loved stitching each one, taking customer comments into account to ensure that they were what the customer had in mind. Each one features a mixture of new and vintage glass buttons, hand embroidery, applique, cotton tape and trims. Not to mention a fab selection of vintage, upcycled and new fabrics from my stash.  Each one is entirely unique and, I hope, made to treasure for years to come.


My son is 6 and at this age his drawings are super cute.  I thought it would be lovely to have a way of preserving them so I transferred the image to fabric and stitched over it. Hey presto, one unique Christmas tree decoration! You just have to love a snowman with big slitty eyes.

OK, it is Sunday night and the usual round of homework, reading and uniforms beckons. I hope you have enjoyed me sharing some of my Christmas goodies with you. If you are interested in buying some of them, they are available on my website

4 comments:

  1. Oh the snowman with slitty eyes is adorable, what a lovely idea to personalise it - you could start a whole range that way, people love things like that which use their children's drawings, they would be a big hit! Beautiful stockings too, no wonder they are popular! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great christmas makes :o) This post got me singing "Its beginning to look a lot like christmas".

    Just noticed on your profile you said you would love to see the Killer live - ive been lucky enough to see them twice and my god they are amazing to watch. Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea putting his picture onto and hanging. Love the Stockings too.
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the snowman, what a great idea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...