Thursday 17 June 2010

Hello and welcome!

After spending many happy hours reading other people's blogs I have decided to start my own. I hope you enjoy my ramblings about sewing, crafting, family life and my obsession with The Killers :-) I live near the coast in beautiful Pembrokeshire with my husband and little boy.


I recently bought a beautiful, old wicker armchair at a local auction. I love going to auctions and get really nervous when bidding. The adrenaline flows and my hand shoots up and before I know it, the hammer is down and the item is mine! The chair is currently half way through being painted white and I'm going to make a new seat pad covered in a lovely duck egg blue Laura Ashley fabric which is in my stash. Then the difficult part will be deciding whether or not to keep it or to sell it.


The sun has finally decided to make an appearance and so I've been busy making the patio and garden look pretty. I had a short length of bunting left over so I decided to hang it on the trellis. I think that it really makes a difference. I might sneak some onto the sheds next, hopefully Mr Nellie won't mind too much!

I recently attended my first fete selling my goodies. It was a nice gentle introduction as it was my son's sports day. It was a beautiful day, if a little windy as myself and the other stallholders had to keep retrieving our goods as they flew across the playground! I'm looking forward to the next school fete at another local school in a few weeks time.


Finally, I'll leave you with a shot of a local beach. This beach was recently used in the filming of two big budget Hollywood films. You may recognise it from the Robin Hood film featuring Russell Crowe and the latest Harry Potter film with the Shell Cottage. The cottage looked amazing and now there is no trace left of it at all. Here is the cottage on the beach http://celebrityphotos.sheknows.com/movies/harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-shell-cottage-getting-finishing-touches/ Amazing!

Thanks for dropping by!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Nellie!
    Welcome to the world of blogging, I am so looking forward to seeing your creations.
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kandi. You'll have to bear with me as I find my way around blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nads!!! Just wanted to comment on your first ever post!! WELCOME TO BLOGLAND!!!
    That beach is Gorgeous!
    Congrats on your first craft fair...will have to have a catch up soon to find out how it all went!
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annie, thanks for the comment. I'm just having a little blog tweak here and there. I may be some time....!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ,arent you lucky to live near the seaside,welcome to blogging ,yours is great,better than mine it .lol.I will follow it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello and welcome artydoll. Thanks for the follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Nadine. I too am lucky enough to live in West Wales, own a dog and go to the beach a lot. I look forward to seeing all of your crafty bits and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clearly I'm late to the party, but I'm loving what I see and wishing I could somehow squeeze through my monitor and transport myself to your home and seaside!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...